Thursday 10 December 2015

My top seven gigs of 2015


Over recent years I have truly embraced the phenomenon of going to gigs from small coffee shop venues to huge arenas I've had the pleasure of listening to big names and discovering fresh new talents and I'd like to share some of my favourite gigs that I have been to over this past year. As pretty much all of these were incredibly, posilutely, amazingly AWESOME!!!!! I can't pick my favourite so whilst this is technically a top seven list...I'm not ranking one above another.

7. Hunter And The Bear 

Melodic rock with hints of country, perfectly blended fantastic harmonies and catchy guitar riffs? Well thats Hunter And The Bear. I particularly loved the emotionally gripping acapella track 'Wounded'

6. Daniel Pearson

Perfection, thats a word you could use for the smooth, mellow resonance of Daniel Pearson.  This year may have been trying for Daniel Pearson but bloody hell does he sound good.



5. Rupert Stroud

I may or may not have been following Rupert Stroud's music career for quite some time now and every time I see him he gets better and better! Having already fallen in love with 'Morning Light' and 'Way Back Home' which yes are staples on my Spotify playlists I was totally blown away by 'The Truth' (hahahahaha) and recent release Catch - which as the name suggests is actually rather catchy.




4. Raleigh Ritchie

Live At Leeds was only Raleigh Richie's third EVER gig but you wouldn't have guessed it as he was simply Outstanding. Raleigh Ritchie a.k.a Greyworm on HBO's Game Of Thrones stage presence was mesmerising and he didn't sound half bad either.


3. Rae Morris 

I've actually been to see Rae Morris twice this year; once in February and once in October and it was so lovely to see how she has grown as an artist. The Blackpool born singer with a voice of an angel has an somewhat ethereal and you could even say say that listening to her set is really quite magical.




2. Hozier

My sister bought me tickets to see Hozier last Christmas, the gig was not until the end of May so I have had to sit patiently twiddling my thumbs. Definitely worth the wait though because OMG how good was he!!


Perhaps best known for 'Take Me To Church' Hozier packs a powerful emotional punch with sultry and soulful sounds.

1. Coasts 


To be honest I bought my ticket to go and see these guys before I had really listened to their music so you could say that they were a new favourite of mine....and bloody hell you would be right about that one as I would end going to see Coasts again and again and again!

With massive stage presence and unforgettable, catchy choruses Coasts are infectiously flawless and I look forward to the release of their debut album on Jan 22nd...not that I'm counting down the days or anything.


So 2016, lets do this again ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment